Friday, May 7, 2010

The Wanderer


Therese Rawsthorn has shown her S/S 2010/11 collection at the Rosemount Australian Fashion Week.  The collection is titled ‘The Wanderer’.  It is about a girl on a road trip through “arid countryside”.  I am unsure how much I like it.  I can see the talent beyond each garment but it leaves me somewhat a little empty.  I am not inspired and I don’t want to buy it.  There was only one look I really loved; a cream shirt and black pants.  Both pieces loosely hang off the body yet the figure beneath it remains.  It is elegant, feminine and practical. 

For this collection Rawsthorn embellished hand knits, embroidered leather, made entire garments woven from corsetry elastic, used silks, and washed cotton and wool. 

The collection intertwines pieces that starkly contrast each other.  Within each outfit she’s designed body-conscious pieces. Flesh-coloured bike shorts and tight straps ever so slightly exposed beneath another piece of clothing.  Rawsthorn is rather adept at making these body-conscious elements subtle and barely noticeable.  They add intrigue to the clothes without being overbearing. 

Beyond this Rawsthorn’s collection comprises flowing dresses, over-sized vests and jackets, loose shirts and extra-wide trousers. 

Love Me.


No comments:

Post a Comment