Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A declaration of love

When it comes to Facebook I was a late bloomer.  In the year I have been ‘socially hooked up’ I have learnt one thing:  if you are in love – or luf as my friend and I like to refer to it as (another word for lust or fake contrite love) – then you must display your affections all over the internet.  “Candid” photos of the happy couple kissing or snuggling in bed, artistic close ups, or even just photo-after-photo of the lovers together.  It is out of control and really just makes all us single, lonely and apparently un-dateable counterparts want to jam a knife into them.  Normally I am in the latter group but today it is all about to change.

I might not be declaring my love on Facebook but I feel this is just as good.  I, Rebecca, have fallen in love for the first time in my entire - 20 years - of life.  Who am I in love with; a skirt.  A beautiful pink and leather Alannah Hill skirt.  It supports me all day, it tells me I look pretty, it is friends with most of my tops and best of all, its mine – and perhaps a couple others.  Lets be honest Alannah Hill isn’t that exclusive.  In true Facebook fashion I am going to leave you with photos of my new love and me.

Love Me.






No comments:

Post a Comment