Wednesday, April 7, 2010

"Nursery Rhymes for the Blahnik Brigade"


Today i cleaned my room and stumbled over a book: This Little Piggy Went To Prada by Amy Allen.  I had forgotten all about it.  I received it as a birthday present last year.  Sitting on my bed I realised what a gem this little book is.  It's a book of nursery rhymes changed around for "the Blahnik Brigade".  My housemate and I sat down and picked out two favorites.  Enjoy.

Hey Diddle Diddle

Hey diddle diddle,
the skirt fits my middle,
Mummy is over the moon.
Giorgio laughed,
"to see her size halved...
she'll be back in Armani soon!"

One, Two, Three, Four, Five

One, two, three, four, five -
hogan trainers in my size,
Six, seven, eight, nine, ten -
evening dress by Ralph Lauren.
Off to Sloane Avenue,
for Gaultier and Jimmy Choo,
Kenzo and Agnes B,
design for children, thankfully.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bec
    I've given your blog address to Kim, Lesley and my sister Anne Marie. I thought their girls might like to follow you. Hope that's ok, well if it's not it's too late now I've done it. And I love the first rhyme the best. Jimmy Choo's are too expensive so got put off by the second rhyme. (Ha)You know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete